Lebawi students are the best and the brightest we can get from all over. They are focused, driven, culturally rooted in Ethiopian “Chewanet”, globally savvy and forward looking at the same time. There is something fierce about them - they are fearless and “hungry”. We respect them because they inspire us and produce beyond our expectations.
At Lebawi, students sharpen their cognitive skills with academic rigor and develop the capacity to lead from the heart. Lebawi provides a learning environment where all students build character and the will to prevail.
Sample Student Achievements Include:
Current Students: Lebawi Academy students rated in the top 5% of 10th & 12th graders Ethiopian national exams for Five consecutive years
- At the Africa Energy Generation Prize in Lomé Togo: 1st place winners
- At the Addis Ababa citywide Science and Technology competition: 1st Place for three new mathematical formulas and 2nd place for various inventions in biology, chemistry, and physics
- Participated in the Global Breakthrough Challenge competition, organized by Khan Academy
- Participation in the Global Symposium on disruptive technology in Seattle, WA, USA
- Represented Ethiopia at the “Let Girls Lead Global Symposium” in Denmark
- Hosted the first Africa Code Week event sponsored by SAP attracting 200 participants
- Internships: In collaboration with YAZMI, a satellite company, Lebawi students are creating educational modules in various subject to be transmitted to thousands of students in Ethiopia
Alumni: Lebawi graduates are spread throughout the world pursuing higher education while maintaining close contact with teachers and administrators at Lebawi through the Office of Alumni Relations.
- Graduates of Lebawi Academy have received scholarship opportunities from: the Yale Young Global Scholars programs, China, the United States of America, Rwanda, Ghana, Cornell University Summer Program, NYU STEM for Girls Summer Program, and Ashoka University Summer Program
- Institutions Lebawi graduates attend include: Duke University (United States), Hofstra University (United States), Middlebury College (United States), Swarthmore College (United States), Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia), NYU Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), Ashoka University (India), Hult International Business School (United Kingdom), and others.
- The first cohort of Lebawi graduates (The Ahadu of 2017) have now graduated from university with their first degrees. Some have joined the workforce, while others are joining graduate school.
International Leadership Academy of Ethiopia follows Ethiopia’s National Curriculum. Currently, students are enrolled into Grade Five through Twelve covering the following courses.
- Business Education
- Civics and Ethical education
- English Language
- Information and Communication Technology
- Special Education
- Health and Physical Education
- Integrated Science
- Social Science